TR-41 | Performance and Accessibility for Communications Products
The products, technologies, and technical areas within the scope of current and/or future standards developed and maintained by TR-41 include:
- Performance requirements for Voice, video, and other features that are associated with communications services.
- Environmental impacts.
- User related features that interface to networks and other equipment.
- Accessibility and usability.
Covering products that connect to a communications network including:
- Telephones with handsets, headsets, and speakerphone.
- Communications gateways, conference systems, and other products that are typically installed at the user’s premises.
- Wearable devices (e.g., watches, lapel microphones).
- Using digital and analog wireline or “local radio” media (e.g., Wi-Fi® or Bluetooth®).
- Directly or through another device (e.g. a USB headset connected through a computer).
- For features that use wireless “air interfaces” (e.g., LTE, GSM, WCDMA).
Interested in Participating in a TIA Engineering Committee? Submit a TIA Engineering Committee Application today!
Related Links & Resources
Hearing Aid Compatibility Task Force:
FCC Rule Governing Standards for Hearing Aid-Compatible Handsets:
FCC OET Guidance on Volume Control Measurements:
TIA IPR Rules:
To Purchase a TIA Standard:
Telephone Terminal Equipment Performance Standards
Handset Magnetic Measurement Procedures and Performance Requirements
TIA VoIP Series
IP Telephone Equipment Standards
Telephone Terminal Equipment Standards for Digital Telephones
Overall Transmission Plan Aspects for Telephony in a Private Network (TIA/ETSI)
Telecommunications Telephone Terminal Equipment U.S. Regulatory Approval Guide (FFC Rule 47 C.F.R. Part 68)
Telecommunications Telephone Terminal Equipment Technical Requirements for Connection of Terminal Equipment to the Telephone Network