This sub-committee is a standards formulating group that initiates proposals and monitors regulations and related matters for wireline telecommunications terminal equipment in North America.
The primary work of this subcommittee includes:
- development, maintenance and interpretation of technical requirements to prevent network harm (e.g. 47CFR Part 68, TIA-968)
- development and maintenance of related administrative requirements, guidelines and procedures
- development and maintenance of test methods and guidelines
- submission of technical and administrative documents to the ACTA for adoption
- advising and responding to others (e.g. FCC, ACTA, Industry Canada, committees or individuals) on regulatory issues in the telecommunications terminal equipment environment
- efforts to foster harmonization with CS-03, other North American regulatory requirements and industry standards
The group will also consider such other regulatory matters it deems appropriate.
TIA Issues Call for Interest on new Project for Telecommunications – Telephone Terminal Equipment – Technical Requirements for Connection of Terminal Equipment to the Telephone Network