TIA-942-C: latest comments to be reviewed at the TR-42.1 Engineering Committee on September 27-28, 2023 in Tulsa, OK!
The development of the new revision of the TIA-942 standard continues. If you want to contribute, please contact DataCenterInfo@tiaonline.org
The Leading Global Data Center Standard
The globally-adopted ANSI/TIA-942 Telecommunications Infrastructure Standard for Data Centers specifies the minimum requirements for data centers and covers all physical infrastructure including, but not limited to, site location, architectural, electrical, mechanical, fire safety, telecommunication, security and other requirements.
TIA-942 offers the following advantages over other data center standards:
- Accredited by ANSI and issued by an unbiased non-profit organization
- Objective, industry driven and publicly available for greater transparency
- Utilizes standard nomenclature applicable to any size or type of data center
- Offers a more extensive scope with international specifications needed to design and build a data center
- Covers architecture and topologies, as well as electrical design, mechanical design, fire protection, physical security and system redundancy
- Ensures fail-safe operations, robust protection against disaster, expansibility, scalability and long-term reliability
- Continually and pro-actively updated to support evolving data center design principles and technologies
TIA-942 Auditing and certification services allow data centers to be reviewed and certified to the TIA-942 standard to demonstrate quality assurance to customers and stakeholders.
This webinar will describe why the ANSI/TIA-942 data center standard and certification program are critical to ensuring the successful deployment of the new applications enabled by 5G. Attendees will get an overview of the latest information around TIA-942 and hear industry experts present their perspectives on why the resiliency of the data center is paramount to building trust in our digital infrastructure.