TR-41 | Performance and Accessibility for Communications Products
The products, technologies, and technical areas within the scope of current and/or future standards developed and maintained by TR-41 include:
- Performance requirements for Voice, video, and other features that are associated with communications services.
- Environmental impacts.
- User related features that interface to networks and other equipment.
- Accessibility and usability.
Covering products that connect to a communications network including:
- Telephones with handsets, headsets, and speakerphone.
- Communications gateways, conference systems, and other products that are typically installed at the user’s premises.
- Wearable devices (e.g., watches, lapel microphones).
- Using digital and analog wireline or “local radio” media (e.g., Wi-Fi® or Bluetooth®).
- Directly or through another device (e.g. a USB headset connected through a computer).
- For features that use wireless “air interfaces” (e.g., LTE, GSM, WCDMA).
Interested in Participating in a TIA Engineering Committee? Submit a TIA Engineering Committee Application today!
Related Links & Resources
- Part 68 Frequently Asked Questions
- RELATED GROUP TO TR-41: NIST SGIP Smart Grid Collaboration Wiki Smart Grid Interoperability Panel Site: http://collaborate.nist.gov/twiki-sggrid/bin/view/SmartGrid/H2G
- TIA Urges FCC to Update Hearing Aid Compatibility Standards
- TR-41 Standards Activities Related to FCC Part 68, Steve Whitesell
- TIA Press release on TR-41 Title and Scope change to become “TR-41 Performance and Accessibility for Communications Products??
- November 6, 2013 Presentation by Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA); Developing Standards for Accessibility by James R Bress (AST Technology Labs Inc), Steven Whitesell (Whitesell Consulting) and Tony Jasionowski (Panasonic). It was presented during the TR-41.3.14 Accessibility Working Group meeting at TIA HQ in Arlington VA to representatives from the Federal Communications Commission – Disability Rights Office and Gallaudet University – Technology Access Program.
Telephone Terminal Equipment Performance Standards
Handset Magnetic Measurement Procedures and Performance Requirements
TIA VoIP Series
IP Telephone Equipment Standards
Telephone Terminal Equipment Standards for Digital Telephones
Overall Transmission Plan Aspects for Telephony in a Private Network (TIA/ETSI)
Telecommunications Telephone Terminal Equipment U.S. Regulatory Approval Guide (FFC Rule 47 C.F.R. Part 68)
Telecommunications Telephone Terminal Equipment Technical Requirements for Connection of Terminal Equipment to the Telephone Network