Arlington, Va. (January 28, 2016) – The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA), the leading association representing the manufacturers and suppliers of high-tech communications networks, today announced its 2016 officers and ten new and re-appointed members of the TIA Board of Directors.
The 2016 Board officers will be Walker & Associates President Mark Walker as Chair; Heard Consulting Principal David Heard as First Vice Chair; Dell Inc. Vice President and General Manager of OEM Solutions Joyce Mullen as Second Vice Chair; Adtran Chairman and CEO Tom Stanton as Chairman Emeritus; Power and Telephone Supply Company CEO Jennifer Sims as Treasurer and Ericsson Chief Technology Officer and Head of Strategy for North America Glenn Laxdal as Secretary.
“Under the guidance of these officers and the TIA Board of Directors, the association is well positioned to serve as the voice of the communications industry,” said TIA CEO Scott Belcher. “As communications markets and technologies continue to reshape our world, TIA will serve to accelerate our members’ business growth through policy, technology, and innovation. We are privileged to have the best in business leading us in our mission.”
In addition, the following new and re-elected members will join the TIA Board of Directors serving a three-year term:
- Argent Associates President and CEO Betty Manetta;
- Cisco Vice President for The Americas of Global Government Affairs Jeff Campbell;
- Dell Inc. Vice President and General Manager of OEM Solutions Joyce Mullen (re-elected);
- Emerson Network Power Vice President of Global Marketing Gary Neiderpruem;
- Heard Consulting Principal David Heard;
- Henkels & McCoy Senior Vice President of Corporate Services Dan Pigott;
- Imagine Communications CEO Charles Vogt;
- KGP Logistics President Trevor Putrah (re-elected);
- Panasonic Vice President of Wireless Strategy Victoria Obenshain;
- Power and Telephone Supply CEO Jennifer Sims (re-elected); and
- Telit CEO of Telit IoT Platforms Fred Yentz.
Gray Beards Consulting President Jake MacLeod and WirefreeCom, Inc. President Anil Kripalani were elected to serve as senior advisors to the TIA Board of Directors.
For a complete list of members on the TIA Board of Directors and advisors, click here.
The TIA Board of Directors also approved 15 new member companies since November, including the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure, Crown Castle (NYSE:CCI). In addition, TIA continued to add diversity to its membership with its newest members representing communications software and hardware manufacturers; service line, mobile broadband, data center, and tower design consultants; and the suppliers helping to build our nation’s broadband infrastructure. TIA is pleased to welcome the following companies to the association:
- Avion Networks, Inc;
- AW Solutions;
- Bentley Systems, Inc.;
- C-CO Technology, Inc.;
- Crown Castle;
- Eagle Commercial Services ;
- Forge Services;
- Iowa Statewide Interoperable Communications System Board;
- KCI Technologies, Inc.;
- OptiPulse Inc.;
- Tower Engineering Company;
- Tower Numerics Inc; and
- Virginia Tech Transportation Institute.
For a complete list of TIA members, click here.
Ashley Simmons, 703-907-7704, email@example.com
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details. TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.