- This event has passed.
9th Annual Spectrum Americas Conference
TIA will be featured in two discussions at the 9th Annual Americas Spectrum Management Conference.
You can register to attend and view all the sessions and speakers at www.spectrumamericas.com
The Sprint and T-Mobile merger and the subsequent emergence of Dish as a new national carrier with the ambitions to build a 5G network using Open-RAN architecture has the potential to significantly change the shape of the US wireless landscape. This session will look at how the situation is evolving and what this might mean for the short-term and long-term future of the sector. It will look at the potential benefits and challenges that an Open-RAN model can provide, and the way in which it could potentially change the way spectrum is allocated and used and more broadly at how competition in the wireless space is viewed.
- How is the wireless ecosystem in the US evolving, and what is the best way forward to deliver a competitive, innovative and secure wireless ecosystem that provides a level playing field for all
- How could the emergence of Dish as a possible new nationwide carrier affect the shape of the US spectrum landscape in both the short-term and the long-term?
- What might the emergence of Open-RAN solutions mean for the future spectrum landscape and the development of 5G more broadly? What advantages could it bring and what challenges exist?
- As technologies and systems advance, what is the best way forward in order to deliver the robust ecosystem of trusted suppliers that is necessary to maintain a strong U.S. position in delivering secure wireless technology?
Spectrum Sharing and the Race to 5G: Lessons Learned and Emerging Frameworks
- Mary Brown, Director, Government Affairs, Cisco
- Kimberly Baum, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, EchoStar
- Jennifer Warren, Vice President, Technology Policy & Regulation, Lockheed Martin
- Peter Tenhula, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Spectrum Management, NTIA
- Colin Andrews, Director, Government Affairs, TIA (Moderator)