Dear TIA Members and Participants,
Happy New Year and on behalf of TIA, we all hope that 2021 will bring each of you success and safety!
2020 was quite a year for all of us, and here at TIA, we were extremely busy. Our many accomplishments included:
- Making clear our intent to become the trusted industry association for the connected world. This is developing in many ways including adding Smart Buildings and Supply Chain Security to our standards and business performance leadership activities.
- Ramping up engagement with the U.S. Government and many governments around the world on critical issues such as building trusted networks and improving supply chain security. We were very active with specific programs and bills with the FCC, Dept of Commerce, Capitol Hill and NTIA.
- Adding even more visibility to our efforts by increasing and broadening our reach with a record number of webinars, papers and speaking engagements. As a result, we have also significantly increased our social media following, including 50% more LinkedIn followers in the past year alone.
- Building out of our leadership team with new, talented, and experienced executives, including Pat Sweeney – VP of Sales and Marketing, Melissa Newman – VP of Government Affairs, and Tom McGarry – VP of Standards.
- And financially, we had a solid year as we beat our bottom-line objectives and added to our financial reserves.
In 2021, TIA will build on our priorities which include broadening our standards to have more global reach, rolling out our supply chain security standard and advancing our holistic smart buildings assessment program. We will continue to increase the value we bring to our members and participants by conducting even more informational and educational events and strongly advocating for our industry with the U.S. and other governments.
The combination of advancing new technology, secure global networks and strong advocacy are hallmarks of TIA and we are only at the beginning of a rapidly changing ICT improvement cycle. TIA intends to continue to earn your trust.
If you would like to learn more or get more involved with us, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Chief Executive Officer