Our team at TIA seeks collaborative, resourceful and action-oriented individuals who are passionate about accelerating opportunities for the companies that are meeting today’s connectivity challenges by producing essential high-tech products and services, and building reliable high-speed communications networks. Interested in joining our team? Check out our current employment opportunities below.
TIA offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates may submit their resume, cover letter and salary requirements via e-mail to TIAJobs@tiaonline.org. TIA is an equal opportunity employer.
TITLE: Technology Standards Committee Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Standards
The Technology Standards Committee Manager is responsible for all facets of logistical and administrative management, driving the growth of standards committees and promoting timely development and adoption of high-quality standards in accordance with TIA and ANSI requirements. The Technology Standards Committee Manager is the ultimate owner of all meetings, both virtual and in-person, of their respective committees and is focus and fulcrum of budgeting, promotional outreach, and logistical coordination.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary responsible party, driving the success of standards meetings and events, coordinating with any available internal TIA support team members as well as committee leaders and rank and file members
- Proactively engage with and support the standards work of standards committees, both personally and through facilitating the support of other TIA team members
- Develop and document departmental business practices as needed
- Support Vice President in the development and oversight of departmental budget and over-arching departmental goals and initiatives
- Develop membership in existing and new programs through membership, sales and industry evaluation
- Manage Copyright Permission and IPR Patent Holder Statement claims and assignments
- Develop and manage centralized volunteer leadership training
- Represent TIA at various events and present on existing and new programs as well as TIA’s approach to standards development
- Support the maintenance and implementation of existing MOU’s with various organizations.
- Answer inquiries regarding standards in process and existing standards, as well as questions related to membership, engineering committees, publication, and general association questions.
- Assist the TIA membership department in the recruitment of new TIA members.
- Travel nationally and internationally, as requested, in support of job duties, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan meetings and related logistical support.
- 8 to 15 years of related work experience required
- At least 5 to 8 years of project management required
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- College Degree (master’s degree preferred)
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and other related software
- Knowledge of association management and standards development management online tools
- Basic knowledge of the parliamentary procedure
- Presentation skills in a manner that is engaging, efficient and professional
- Extensive knowledge of technical standardization processes domestically and internationally, with a focus on ICT, data centers, wireless technology, secure communications, supply chain management, quantum technology, and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience in the development, execution, and implementation of marketing campaigns
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects with multiple deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a writing sample
- Ability to interact with people from various cultures and facilitate multi-cultural negotiations (foreign language abilities strongly preferred)
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.