tia quest forum presents:
ict summit 2020
A series of four online webinars featuring keynote speakers and industry panel discussions on critical topics.
We're disappointed we could not hold this event in person this year; but after the Covid-19 pandemic, it's more important than ever for us to convene and share important information on what's happening around the ICT industry.
Tuesday, October 6
9:00 - 10:30 AM ET:
Communication Service Providers (CSP)
Post Covid-19 Strategy
Hear from Tier 1 CSPs about how they are transforming post COVID-19 operations, handling anticipated challenges with respect to infrastructure, topology, and/ or architecture as people return to work.
Ken Koffman, TIA's CTO and Senior Vice President, TIA QuEST Forum
• Tony Roy, Head of Risk, Governance & Sustainability - BT Group Procurement, British Telecom (BT)
• Andy Ray, Director-Network Systems, Verizon
1:00 - 12:30 PM ET:
Assessing smart buildings:
putting criteria to the test
Hear from leaders at TIA and various partners on the latest developments around the new smart building assessment criteria developed by the TIA Smart Buildings Working Group and how it was used to assess various types of buildings.
Marta Sancodi, Director, Technology Programs - Smart Buildings
- Neil Lakomiak, Building & Life Safety Technologies Director, UL
- Gayla Arrindell, Market Development Director - In Building Networks, Corning Optical Communications
- Mark Reynolds, Associate Director Core IT Voice Services, University of New Mexico
Wednesday, October 7
9:00 - 10:30 aM ET:
State of Software Quality
The Webinar will discuss where software quality is headed with 5G and Quality 4.0 initiatives. The discussion will also highlight the need for standards and best practices, and the benefits of a Software Quality assessment model.
S M Balasubramaniyan (S M Bala), Chairman and Chief Mentor, Digital Core Technologies, Kochi, India
Ashok Dandekar, TIA QuEST Forum Fellow
• Ralph Stagg, Senior Manager, Cloud and Platforms Architecture and SOE, Verizon
• Venkatakrishnan Ramaswamy, Group Head, Team: CIO, Wipro Limited
• Aakriti Dharmani, Quality Management Professional/ Data Science Enthusiast, Cisco Systems
2:30 - 4:00 PM ET:
5G Security, Supply Chain, and Zero Trust Architectures
The presentation will review a proposed supply chain architecture that goes end to end across both the manufacturing/deployment perspective, and the operational/user perspective.
Charles Clancy, Senior Vice President and General Manager, MITRE Labs
Dave Sanicola, The DESARA Group
• Dave Sanicola, President, The DESARA Group (Moderator)
• Charles Clancy, Senior Vice President and General Manager, MITRE Labs
• Carlos Solari, Founder and member of the management team, SecureG
• Scott Rose, Computer Scientist at the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST)
• Junaid Islam, Director of Public Sector Solutions, Verizon
• Marina Thottan, Vice President, NOKIA Bell Labs